Tuesday 16 October 2012

Extra research for final idea

After my pitch and a discussion with Kate about my mock up sketches. I looked at more soviet posters to focus on certain aspects which I could apply to my design to make it better and make sure it references soviet style as much as possible. In my mock up, me and Kate decided it would be better if the woman was in work clothes; in soviet propaganda iconic figures in the posters would be dressed in work uniform a lot of the time so dressing the woman in my poster in this would replicate that, also adding some tools in her pocket will show more reference to it. We also spoke about the curvy line in my mock up what the woman is standing from, in soviet propaganda the poster used lots of straight lines and a lot of parallel lines. So changing my curvy line to a straight hexagon like line across will make it more soviet style like. Im also going to change the boxes the t and hashtag are in the pointy straight boxes and try have a parallel line pattern next to it.

This poster by Alexander Rodchenko who was a famous soviet poster designer uses the straight parallel lines technique strongly.



Everything for the Victory - Women of USSR for the Front (ca. 1942)






This poster was the 'Everything for the victory, 1942' has a major influence on the woman I am designing in my final design. Her work clothes are the element I want to take and use in my design, instead of having the women in the british clothing have her in the soviet work clothes with some tools in her pocket to symbolise soviet style. It generally makes the poster stronger.
This poster is another of Alexaner Rodchenkos (1923) and again illustrates the strong blocky style. Straight lines, he uses some curves though in this poster but the poster is over powered by the straight lines.

These are my first initial mock up sketches, I will draw up more sketches with the changes I am going to make to see if I think its better, Im 90% sure it will work better with these changes in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment