Tuesday 16 October 2012

Pitching my idea

On monday I pitched my idea to the class in the form of a powerpoint presentation. I found this helpful in receiving feedback from the class on my idea as I could take the feedback as potential guidance to how to improve my idea. The feedback I gained was very positive, my last side with two rough sketch mock ups I drew and coloured in I asked the class questions about certain elements I wasn't sure on and could get a better view from other eyes. I asked wether the womans face should be happy like it is in the original ww2 british poster or change it to a more triumphant serious face like the soviet style uses in their posters. The outcome was not to have it angry but keep it a sort of straight serious face. I also asked about what colour my main font should be on the black background, the class suggested the bright white font contrasts better than the red so I will probably keep that the same. I asked what sketch looks better and they all said the first one I did with the black twitter birds worked better as the colour contrasts better. George suggested having the twitter birds in the blue colour twitter uses and maybe the t and hashtag I have on the sides in the blue, purely to reference twitters colours somewhere on the poster. I originally didn't want to do this because I didn't want to come off the soviet style as it rarely ever used blue in their posters, it was mainly red black and white. I'm going to experiment to see if the birds blue would go with the other colours in the poster to see whether it is the better decision. A class mate suggested having the t and hashtag in birdcages which I thought was a good idea, but I don't want to get carried away making the poster too dynamic.

The feedback I got from George was positive, he liked the fact I discussed with the class about my designs. That I asked questions about things I wasn't sure of. Overall I think my pitch went well and got the outcome I wanted to get from my peers.


No comments:

Post a Comment