Monday 9 December 2013

Critique | Feedback

Today I have shown my promo and app walkthrough to the class and the feedback I received was controversial. I was last to show my work and I got literally no comments at all on my app. All i got was 'excellent work' from my lecturer, and just people saying it looks nice, some positive comments on the visual style. I was left quite disappointed and frustrated from the lack of feedback as I got none whatsoever that could help improve it. The promo got a little bit more feedback, one of my peers said to lose the 3 dots after 'our' and that was the only feedback I got what could help. Then that was it, it was time for lunch. I am annoyed that it took me so long to make my videos and I get no more than a 30 second period of feedback which was really empty and not helpful whatsoever. I really hate going last and this year I have been showing my work as one of last people and it feels like is rushed due to lunch time coming up. From my frustration I spoke to Kate about my feelings about crit... so she said she would look at my work and give me 1 to 1 advice. Anyway the 1 to 1 advice to Kate was extremely helpful, compared to crit its just a huge, huge difference. I got a very in depth review of certain elements in the video. The things recommended to change were:

App 

- At the begining show the search of tags and location (can use the same content used for the trending and random photo)

- Speed up the upload scene

- On profile page fill in more photos so there are 3 photos and one blank with the upload icon (to show activity)

- On voted photos page fill in all the empty blanks (same reason as above)

- Change the hashtag of '#drunk'

Promo

- Add images behind the words to show context (vote, share, upload, win) to give more information what it is

- Lose the three dots after our

So im very happy of how minor the improvements are. They shouldnt take too long to do, overall I a very happy with that I produced at this stage of crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment