Monday 24 March 2014

Project logging | Motion Graphic Development

Refining the Egg + 3D





I masked the egg to get a much smoother egg, the egg I got given had a horrible shadow underneath it, I wanted a shadow on the floor so it gives the 'earth egg' a more realistic look as if it was floating in space. I put a camera on it and put everything 3D which enables me to orbit my graphics around it.























To get the graphics orbiting round the egg I had to parent them to a null object and change the values on the axis in 3D space so it goes round in a circle, I used easy ease in and easy ease out so the graphics go a bit slower when going behind, to make it a bit more realistic. 

To reveal the lines I used the linear wipe effect, and i key framed it so it obviously matched when the graphics were travelling over.















To get the word 'exchange' to follow the plane like a banner I simple copied the null object of the plane and parented the text to it then i created a clipping mask so it could only come in from the area in the clipping mask.



For the smoke coming out the train, it was made from the particular effect, in which i manipulated to look like realistic stem coming out the chimney bit. 

All graphics have a fast blur on them when going round the corners to look more realistic again. The text that says Chef, is blurred whilst having smoke on top of it which then reveals to clean text.

No comments:

Post a Comment