Tuesday 21 May 2013

iBook progression







For my iBook I wanted to keep the same theme as the website as I think thats important due to ethos and house style of brands. It keeps it professional. I wanted it to be more exciting than the website obviously as iBooks are made for interactivity; things you wouldn't be able to do in a normal book.

As I proposed I want lots of animation and video in my iBook, as in my opinion thats the most exciting media there is, also animations are a better way to learn from when illustrating a process through diagrams as dynamically you can see the actions instead of trying to visualise a action though a static image.


















My first page I made for chapter, the cause of earthquakes looked like this. I stuck to my wireframe I proposed by having the two column layout. I wanted the iBook to look clean, whilst being grainy. Keeping to my consistent professional theme, my target audience was my most important factor for my choice of decisions. If it was for a level students, then the iBook should be professional, not childish while being fun and interactive.

My first chapter has a consistent layout throughout, with a animation on each page.

I made the animation in motion, taking the illustrations of the diagrams i drew in illustrator, taking out some of the elements such as the arrows. Taking the arrows and saving them out as separate png's then dumping the arrows in a separate layer in motion which I then applied the motion too.
















I done the same process for this animation by saving the arrow out as a separate png





















Same again for this animation.






For this one I had to cut round the static illustration and save out two differnnt png's one png of the left plate and another of the right plate and move them evenly.

For the waves I had to save out three different pngs, of different parts of the waves, then in motion bring each one in a second later chaning the opacity so it look like moving waves from the centre.



















My title pages look like this, I wanted to keep them clean and professional so I just kept a nice simple, easily readable page with the title text perfectly centred in the page.


















Chapter 2 currently looks like this, keeping the consistent layout, this time having a youtube video in to demonstrate what a seismograph looks like and works.
















My richter scale idea of having the interactive measurements shaking the shape was successfully made. I made this in keynote, using the tool Magic Move. I basically made 6 slides and on each slide using magic move I moved the square right and left on each slide and hyper linked the '1' button so it would go to the begining of the slide, so when clicked the magic move automatically goes through the 6 slides, at a speed of 0.5 seconds I think so the square looks like its shaking. I repeated this for 5 buttons, So I ended up having 30 slides, and on each measurement the square obviously shakes more or less according to the measurement on the Richter Scale. I was happy with this little function cause its different from everyone else's iBooks, and no-one else has anything similar, so it creates a more different aspect and variation. Rich in interactivity was my influential to having this in the iBook.















My last chapter of the outcome, I successfully made my world map which looks identical to the one I sketched. The little black star pin points are interactive, when clicked the information of a eventful earthquake of the twentieth century pops up.















When a black star is clicked it will look like this. The title, location, magnitude measurement, deaths and casualties and a picture come up.


No comments:

Post a Comment