Monday 20 May 2013

Illustrations

Causes of earthquakes 
My illustrations where based on the ones off the earthquakes guide from the bbc website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7533950.stm

I traced them in illustrator but modified them to my own style because i didn't want to directly copy them.



























This illustration shows the different cores inside the earths centre.
 This one is showing movement of mantle inside the earth.

















This one shows the movement of plates.

















This is showing movment again with two plates causing faults alongside each other.

















This is demonstrating where the point of friction is, obviously.




This one is showing where the hypocentre is with a little illustration demonstrating tension and pressure.





This last one is representing the radiation waves from the epic centre, i done the waves by making paths between circles and slicing the edges off.

Backgrounds - Website

Where the logo is sitting in the header I made this brown faint sunburst for it to sit in. From my research im taking an element i used as inspiration and I think it looks nice in the website. It was done in photoshop using a brush downloaded from brusheezy for the sunburst effect.



The nav is the same brown grain just without the sunburst.










The background is a light cream grain easily done in photoshop.


Backgrounds - iBook

For my ibook the standard background is the same as the website, using the sunburst brush again from the corner then graining it and dropping the opacity in photoshop.


My outcome chapter with the world map looks like this. I done this by making the grain sunburst background in the same way as the others. I then grabbed a plain white and grey word map template off google, brought it in photoshop, used the magic wand tool to crop just the countrys then put a brown colour to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment