Monday 24 February 2014

New brief | Finally got sent my brief

So for this new project I will be making a title sequence/animation intro to a programme called food exchange which is a live brief. For the first time I will be making content to a real brief from a real client. It is scary but exciting for the first time working in the real world. I need to e-mail my client to receive details of my brief.

I have sent a few emails and phone calls to people but I have not been getting response.

About a week later Andrew replies.

After a few naggy but polite emails, my client (Andrew) final has responded with some guidelines of what he wants me to make. He originally asked me to make an animation of objects orbiting a graphic of the logo which is an Egg what has text on it saying 'International chef exchange'. The objects he wanted were a plane, egg and a car. He then wanted me for them to finish up coming out of orbit together and shooting at the screen towards the viewer.




I wasn't really convinced by the the objects flying out towards the viewer so I suggested a different idea. I had a careful examination of the Egg graphic Andrew sent me and I thought I could play with the two lines in the graphic. I suggested an idea of revealing the two lines as tracks from the car and train on their path of orbit around the egg. Then have the plane go round after with smoke coming out of it which then reveals the text of international food exchange. I proposed this idea instead to Andrew and seemed happy about it saying the idea was good.




I asked a few more questions to get a bit more details of what I was doing, asking about the graphics of the plane, train and car and Andrew wants them to look vintage. So I am thinking of drawing up in illustrator some old pictures off vintage tin toys of these objects. Andrew sent a sound track and I asked if he wanted me to edit to the whole piece and he said yes but he may drop in some food shots. So I now have a good idea of what I am doing. I will now draw up some mock ups of the storyboard of what it could look like. Then create some photoshop mock ups and send them to Andrew to see if he likes the idea before I go into after effects and start creating the animation.


















No comments:

Post a Comment