Monday 10 February 2014

Development | Creating my Artwork

Creating the fur textured typography was easily the most time consuming process of making the posters. I used Photoshop to make the posters. To create the fur effect I had to make my own brush and brush around each individual letter. Precisely and delicately.

First off I had to type the text out in a big size (72pt) so it was zoomed in a lot.


I changed the properties of a default photoshop brush of a single grass shape into a scattered series of them so it looked like fur. I then had to go round each letter manually rotating the shape one every curve making sure the whole straight edge of each letter was covered up with the brush



After finishing brushing round the letters I had to add the selection inside the letters to the main selection. Using the lasso tool with the 'add to selection' button selected. I had to do this so when the image of the fur is pasted in it only goes in the selection inside the letters.


Next and final step is very simple. You get you picture of the animal fur, simply copy it then go back into photoshop and go to Edit>Paste Special>Paste into.


When thats done that's it. It will be successful if I brushed round every straight edge.


The poster is then made in a new Photoshop document. It is made up of a sourced image I had to find off google.

I dragged in my fur textured text, the Oasis logo and created the rest of the text. When all these main elements were in I just edited around them using brushes and gradients to edit the lighting, create shadows. Playing with opacities of the colours black and white to do this.









No comments:

Post a Comment