Friday 28 February 2014

Motion graphic research | Opening title sequence

Even though researching existing things isn't as helpful when you get such a direct and limited brief I thought its still a good idea to look at some to look at any techniques I would like to use in the future.

Madmen


I really, really like this opening scene. The change of tempo from beginning to end is perfect, with the guy falling fast down a slow camera is a nice technique. I like the art style of having a blocky suited man within a detailed world. The use of camera and 3D space is something Ive never done before, so i look forward to using it, in this it looks so cool. The subtleness of the guy falling works so well with the violin music in the background, it has a nice mood. Not something you would expect of a guy falling down a skyscraper.

Hustle


A bit old and out dated but I remember watching Hustle years ago and thinking how cool the opening sequence was and I still really like it even though its old. I like the use of objects as a transition for the next scene for instance the guys sunglasses acts as a window to the next scene. The smoke from the guys cigar turns into a pound sign. I think this is so good, the effect for that is particular and is something I will be using in my project with steam coming from a train, hopefully I can make something nice with the smoke, to act as some sort of revealer or turn it into something like in this sequence.The way 'Hustle' is presented is cool, with the falling money on top of the text then the camera goes to the front so you can see it.

300



I really like the opening scene to the film 300. The art style of pure block colours and the main of red and black portrays the blood, anger, fierceness and power the film is. The slow motion pauses throughout in 3D space is cool with the blood in full dimension, playing around with the camera looks fun, it makes everything so fluent which is key for a sequence.

As I know what I'm doing, conducting a lot of research isn't necessary in my opinion. I know I have to use camera and 3D space so these three give a lot of different angles and ways you can transition scenes within the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment