Monday 3 February 2014

In development feedback (Kate)

I had created two posters so far. One for the Paypal message and another for the delivery message. I asked Kate, my lecturer to have a look at them to get some feedback midway through development which was really useful. The two posters I showed looked like this.



















We had a long discussion of how things can be changed etc and this is a list of things we came up with.

Leopard text
- Oasis logo, text isn't readable > Make bigger, reposition
- Sentence > Get rid of 'will' put a full stop after want so 'For free' is its own line. Makes is snappier and more important. Reposition underneath the leopard text to keep consistent theme of positioning.
- I felt personally the leopard text needs to be brought out more, stand out so it is the main focus. So I wanted to add dark gradients around it and have a subtle glow to light the text up a little.
- Change the colour of the type to a more of a match to the leopard text

Tiger text
- Same as the leopard text. Re position the logo, make it bigger, readable, consistent.
- I personally again wanted to put dark lighting around the text to make it stand out more.
- Add the worse 'in store' after 'Pay' to make the sentence longer and more easier to understand what the meaning is.

After finessing the little edits these are what the two posters look like now.



















For me they look so much better just from simple changes. The logo of Oasis stands out so much and is easily readable which is majorly important in a poster. Its bossing the brand so people will clearly recognise the brand. I made it white so it contrasts a lot better on the dark background. Originally it was black with a subtle light glow around it but I played around and made it white and thought this is the solution. The two fur textured text stand out much more. The dark lighting around it enables the human eye not to focus on any background context, just purely the typography which is my aim. I have kept a consistency in the positioning and sizing of the logo, colour and size. Oasis stated they wanted their posters to have a consistent style, I think I have achieved this.

After making these two Kate said I wouldn't have to make all 8 messages as proposed. As the point of the yen brief is to design your concept, it would be better for me to make 4 more finessed posters rather than make all 8. You can clearly see my concept in just a few of the posters. This is good news anyway cause I would of had really struggled for time to make all 8, plus the PDF. So only two more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment