Monday 26 November 2012

Colour pallet

My colour theme has to be dark, cold and spooky. A spooky forest is not going to be bright and colourful so my colours will be dark such as navy blues, blacks, dark browns. It is winter during the scene so there will be which means white must be involved. The characters clothes will be bright which will make them the focal point with the emphasis of contrast in colours.

Here are some pallets illustrating the colours I will be using.








The darkness in-between the trees will have a really dark blue colour.








The trees are going to be a very dark brown, close to black but to brown enough to identify it is brown. I had big thought wether to have pure black silhouette trees but I think that just make the book look to much as if it was a horror book when its not.








Snow on the ground and on some of the branches has to be white. The text is going to be white swell which will contrast well on the dark background.








The evil eyes with in the trees surrounding mole are going to be bright yellow, I didnt pick red because I think that again is over the top. Red is a powerful colour; yellow makes it less like it is a horror book and still conveys that scary atmosphere. It will stand out heavily on the dark trees.








Moles clothes; hes going to have a green body warmer with a red jumper on underneath and either orange or blue jeans. I don't want the colours too vibrant as I want to keep it quite dark but still bright.









Rattys clothes on the back cover; hes going to have a big brown crosshatched coat with a brown hunters hat on. He's going to have black tight leggings on and green boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment