Tuesday 20 November 2012

Proposal


Proposal
I have decided I want my final choice to be of the scene of the wild wood with rat looking for the scared and lost mole. The scene is scary with evil eyes coming out of the trees glaring at mole in the cold snowy conditions.

The brief also states that the design must be 
  • 'a striking cover design'
  •  'imaginative concept'
  • 'a strong use of typography'
  • 'eye catching' 
I have really focused on these four points as i think they are the most important factors of the brief to answer. As wind in the willows has so many book covers already and the majority are the same sort o thing I want to take my design away from the cliche. This is why I have chosen this creepy scene from the book, no one from what i have researched has made a cover on this scene, it brings out an alternative message of the book whereas the others bring out the happy peaceful aspect mine is bringing out a scary mysterious message. My cover will still convey the message of friendship because i'm having rat searching for mole on the cover what symbolises friendship.

This design I think can answer those 4 points because of the experimentation I can have with colours, the cold dark colours will make it striking, the imaginative concept is that my design is from a scene no one has done before and is giving an alternative message. The typography will be strong in a way that it is going to be dynamic, not a simple serif or sans serif font. It will go with the spooky theme. Eye catching, I think the evil eyes glaring in the background will make audience interested, the book will look adventurous which is another main factor of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment