Monday 26 November 2012

Style I am using


My drawing style is going to be very similar to this image I have found after researching quite a bit to find something that my style is going to be like. Its not going to be like the heavy detailed hand draw style most wind in the willows book covers are like its going to be like in-inbetween hand drawn and blocky style. So it will still be detailed from the different lighting, toning, shadows on the cover. This includes different layers of trees, for example the ones at the front will be lighter than ones behind it. The tree will have toning on it like the ones in this image, its not too detailed I like the balance it brings. 
This avoids the cliche and also challenges me for my illustrator drawing skills which I like the thought of. I have decided I will do all my drawings in illustrator. Then bring the characters into to photoshop to add potential textures then export them as a jpeg so they become a bitmap image then bring them back into indesign aswell as the illustrator draw book cover. The snow on the ground will be texture to look like real snow in the same style so it wont be too detailed, I have had a thought about creating snow fall but I'm not sure. This idea I am going to leave at the end to see if it looks better with snow falling in it or not.

Trees


My tree style is going to be very similar to this one, its not too thick and not too thin. Again meeting my satisfaction of right balance, the branches are going to be curvy, pointy but not too emphasised so they look razor sharp just enough to look like a real tree like this one. Not lots and lots of branches coming off each other too.

The trees in the background are going to be scaled down of the ones at the front so it doesn't come off my balance, but this image I can use as a guide to create my trees, maybe live tracing it could be better but I am going to try draw all my trees from scratch.




Characters

*Draw up the characters in illustrator put images here*





No comments:

Post a Comment