Friday 11 January 2013

Evaluation

To conclude this whole project, I enjoyed it. It was definitely more of a challenge than the af102 propaganda poster assignment due to more work had to be produced and my design was more detailed than the propaganda poster.

I am happy with what I have produced, I feel my designs have matched the brief well and look nice as a design in their own right. Since pitching my proposed idea I always had a good feel of what tone of voice I wanted my design to communicate. I matched my proposal in that my design gave a good spooky atmosphere, the characters look worried and the design itself tells a story due to key element of the footprints. I like the style of drawing I used, I never have used that style before, as i'm getting more use to illustrator my drawing skills are adapting well from it which I am glad I have learned.

My book cover went well, I spent a lot of time getting the gradients right and and playing around with different textures but decided I wanted to keep the trees as they were. I had a good think in what contrast I wanted the spine to be, my first draft was black text on the snow grain but in my feedback the majority suggested having a dark background with white text. After doing the change, the white text stands out so much more, and strongly compliments the brief in which I have said in my statement about how my design matches the brief.

Things I would do next time, If I were to re approach this project is probably try use the sketchbook more and complex my design even further. My idea generation just comes to my head and isnt that much influenced by other existing pieces of work, same goes for my art style, I don't really find trying to copy someone else art style helps me, I like to picture what style I want to use in my head. The image I used as a example of what my art style is going to be like didn't really match my design. I used the gradients and colour inspiration from it as the trees got darker, like mine.

My poster I really like, I feel it would work well as a poster, it would draw peoples eye, and is very clear when you look at it that it is promoting The wind in the willows due to how dominant the text is emphasized by the positioning and dark tree surrounding it. The falling snow and snowflakes give that charm which is good to have when designing for an audience which is children, it can attract their attention. Things i would do next time to the poster is probably add more animals and detail to do with the trees, like squirrels etc.

Branding guidelines, I had never heard before I approached this. My branding guidelines I think were okay, but I think they could be improved by making the layout more proffesional and have more in depth detail of content and strictness on elements. Im not too keen on my branding guidelines to be honest, there simple. Maybe more research into more different ones could of given more more inspiration to produce better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment