Tuesday 29 January 2013

Font research

After kinetic text research now I move on to see what font I want to include. I am going to look at some fonts what were around in 1960's to convey my theme more consistently. It would be nice and satisfying to find one which is blocky and which I think would suit. But if that is not the case I will use a serif font which is blocky. Its hard for this though, because right now I don't know the exact footage I'm using so I wont be able to see what it looks like on the screen so after research and when it comes to making the video I might change the text when i'm experimenting on the footage because another font may end up looking more ideal just from seeing how it looks on screen. For now though I will visualise as I know the rough idea of what video clips I want and where in the timeline.

Fonts in the 1960's

Helvetica, Courier, Univers and Letter Gothic were the most popular fonts of the 1960s.


















These fonts are a bit too formal for what I am looking for, to fit in with 'inspiration' the font has to have a feel to it. Fonts in the 60's were just so simple and boring.

After looking around online for fonts I think would suit my theme of inspiration, historic and war I found these:

























These are more the type of font I want to use. The serif symbolises historic which fits in with my theme more but still my theme of inspiration; I don't think this is font is 'epic' enough, I thought of having the font in italic styled. They are normally used in inspirational styled videos. I will experiment with fonts in motion to see which I prefer best.


I tried this font first and I really liked it so I will probably use this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment