Wednesday 2 October 2013

First thoughts of my direction

After looking at the brief. I had 4 starting point directions I could take, that is either: The General Message, Food, Transport or lifestyle. Im not really familiar with anything to do with Co2 emissions, its not really a subject I take interest in at all so this project will be quite challenging. I've made basic animation in Flash before and done used after effects a little bit before for a short film I made so this will be nice to learn after effects a bit more. Straight away this project is making me feel uncomfortable, which is good as I have been taught it is good to come out the comfort zone.

After looking at the 4 different directions, I am more swayed to do more transport because it gave me the strongest visualisations in my head about what i could do than the other subjects. Im gonna research into CO2 emissions of transport to get some better knowledge of it and hope to generate some visualisation which I can then express into sketches in my sketchbook. Im going to try use this new start of the new year to improve my thoughts to sketches, I struggled before to draw more.

I want to conduct research into just one of the 4 because for me I think it is more efficient to pick one of the options as quick as possible, (the one that feels best) which produces more time for thinking, thoughts and more detailed research instead of spending time deciding. Time consumption is important in design.

After watching an 'Inconvenient truth' I made some sketch notes, and it actually really helped. It gave me some ideas on the theme of global warming and how CO2 is making it worse.

I think what I want to do is do research on transport and global warming, then the consequences. This is the area I want to do my animation on. I think this area can generate lots of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment