Wednesday 9 October 2013

Research - Art style/ visual style

For my art style, i'm just going to look for inspiration as I don't want to copy anyones style as I want my drawing to be original.

Family guy



Family guy characters are created by Seth MacFarlane. Each character is drawn with a weirdly shaped head which is nice and original, I like their eyes as well, you can see the comic and humour through the characters eyes, especially through peter griffin. 

Courage, the cowardly dog

Courage the cowardly dog has its own original style. The bold lines, the different shapes and sizes of facial features are the most important factor of the appeal principle. You can tell this character is a coward which is how he is meant to be. The tiny powerless arms, the big worried eyes and the yellow teeth sum up the personality of the character.

Sonic the hedgehog

Sonic the hedgehog enforces the appeal principle perfectly too. Just from a still image the art style of sonic portrays his personality as cool, heroic, his hair looks aerodynamic which enforces his fast speed aspect. The big hands and feet and the skinny arms and legs I think looks cool, the imperfection is something I really want to establish in my own work.




No comments:

Post a Comment