Monday 21 October 2013

Text - Font choice

The message at the end I have finalised as:

"Co2 is increasing global warming. Don't drive when you can walk."

The message is short, snappy, straight to the point and strong. It is built up from a jokey theme to sudden emotional theme then the encouraging theme.

The font choice can be either b to fit with seriousness, be strong, bold and fit the bill. Or it can be in the same style of being jokey and fun to keep the consistent theme.

I will analyse different fonts and think what would be best in my opinion.

Research






The fonts above are all a very serious horrific style of font. It has a very strong theme what would encourage and go well with my message, it just wouldn't fit the jokey theme, i think the contrast of themes is too much.





The fonts above are a typewriter style. Again I think it would fit a serious message, but I cant see it going with my animation, the sudden change in theme would be too much.



I have decided I want to pick a font from this bunch, it is a cartoony fun font to go with my theme. And having the serious message in the jokey message creates irony, and i think this irony will work. It will still be strong and enforced by the irony even more. I like the use of capitals cause it looks more serious and I like how the letters in 'Peach Milk' are blacked out. That again shows a more serious edge but still a jokey twist. So therefore i will use peach milk as my font.

No comments:

Post a Comment