Sunday 13 October 2013

Music

Choosing music was so hard for me, I think it would of been so much easier to pick music first then design my idea to the music because each piece of music is different and would have its own style to fit it. As I already have my idea and I know visually what I want it to look like, finding music what can fit the correct times of different scenes and relate to it is difficult. I first thought if putting calm, slow music such as pieces from bastille, but they didn't really fit when I tried them in my animatic. I looked at coldplay songs but I thought they were too emotional for my jokey fun theme. I listen to songs from embrace and I thought they could work, I found a track called celebrate which I am familiar with anyway, as i see it in a lot of football videos with emotional clips in, its a epic song which goes well with dramatic clips. I tried it in my animatic and I think it actually went really well. The slow quiet build up led up to the drop of a dramatic instrumental tune which synced really good with my animatic, the dramatic drop went with the polar bear drifting away from the other polar bear. It looked really dramatic and emotional but funny at the same time which fits my theme perfectly. Unless something else pops up  embrace - Celebrate is the music i have chosen.

shortlist- (Songs other people can look at and might find useful).

-Coldplay paradise instrumental
-imagine dragons it's time
-embrace - natures law - instrumental
-embrace - celebrate - instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment