Friday 22 March 2013

Fonts

My chosen font is important that it fits with my theme/visual style I have. I want two different fonts. One for the title 'Wonders of Nature' and one for just general body and title font.


My typeface has to fit with my visual style which I have now clarified as quite formal, professional and elegant. The spoon graphics website which I have refereed quite a lot used a really simple typeface for the body and a more exciting type face for the title, this is what I will be doing with my fonts. So my wonders of nature title will be a bit more fancy and exciting whereas the body will be a more formal and professional font also sans serif so it looks modern and fits the professional theme. Here are some typefaces I have looked up which are potentials for my website.

For the heading title 'Wonders of nature'











This is the style I want for my title, fancy and like hand written. I think when you visualise the words 'Wonders of nature' it is calling out for a fancy font which emphasises the powerful meaning of the text. Having just a simple and boring sans serif font for it wouldn't make as good as meaningful impact as a more emphasised dynamic font would. Looking at these, the one I like most is probably 'Daniel' I like how big the capital is of the font compared to the lower case, its a nice emphasis which I want. Its a nice weight, as its not too bold and not too fine.

My body text now I want to look formal and professional, but the font can't be too fine as that is too much. My theme has little ridged edges to separate some block levels, so that means I cant be too professional as I think these two themes wont suit. So I want a weight on the font fine but not too fine, I think the contrast of the professionalism on the earthy colours is a really nice match and looks elegant. So here are some potential fonts I have found.











Having a look at these the one I like most is the 'Aaargh' typeface. I decided on this one because I it isnt too fine compared to like the quicksand font. Its about the same width as the daniel one which i used for the header maybe a tad smaller which I think is a nice fit. I like how smooth it is, its not too formal so I think it will go with my earthy/professional theme nicely. My little ridge edges I think will look nice with it. I didnt want a bold formal font because I want it to like have a little contrast to the ridged edges and from researching the websites which have the same visual style as me they used similar fonts and it just worked together really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment