Monday 18 March 2013

Technical research

As the brief states this is a responsive website I need to conduct some research into some existing responsive websites to get an idea of how I can make my website responsive. This means analysing the 'break points' when you scale down the website. I found a website that illustrates this well breaking down to tablet and mobile phone platform:


Here is the desktop platform of this website, heres what happens when the website is slowly scaled down to the breakpoint of the tablet platform.




The whole page changes and adapts to the new screen size which is for a tablet. The navigation changes to a drop down menu and columns of content changes from 3 to 2.



















































When it scales down to mobile platform everything changes to just the one column. I have already planned in my sketchbook how i'm approaching my responsive elements so looking lots into this isn't really necessary, i'm content with my wire framing for layouts. I need to figure out what my visual style is going to be now and start looking at fonts and colour schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment