Sunday 17 November 2013

Chosen Brand | Sourz

From choosing Sourz I can set myself a brief which I can list my themes I want to bring. I done some brief research on Sourz such as the target audience and their website to get some more knowledge of it. As I am 19 I already know that Sourz is aimed at young adults, more specifically a women's drink. It is a 15% mixer drink and is more preferably mixed with lemonade so it is a sweet tasting cocktail. I would say the age range for this products would be 18 - 24. And more aimed at young girls going out clubbing. I have bought and drunk this drink before so have some of my mates so its definitely not a complete woman's drink so I wouldn't have to focus specifically on women when designing what I want my app to be.


Here is what the bottles look like. I really like the like floral look pattern on the bottom half of the bottle, it almost looks feminine. The visual style just reminds me of clubbing from how vibrant the colours are. 


The logo for Sourz, its very bold and fun looking which again reflects the target audience, putting this brand onto a brand map which I will be doing quite a bit later on in the blog I can tell from the bottles visual style and the logo that the product isn't very classy and relatively cheap but it does look professional and decent quality.

The website


The website for Sourz already shows you what the target audience is, young clubbers. Portrayed by this image of people dancing in a club. Also on the website there is a page where you can win festival tickets, so Sourz sponsors festivals which are for young music loving audiences. There is an image of all the bottles of sourz with a floral pattern with butterflys and women in which gives the impression of a more female audience too.


From this research I already know my audience which is already a guideline of what theme I want my app to be as the brief says it can either be useful, informative or entertaining. For a young audience choosing entertaining is ideal. I want my app to be fun as that is what a young audience would be more suited to.

Also on the Sourz website Sourz have just released a new tv advert video. Check next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment